BeyondPrograms is a project management firm. We support property and business owners in a range of industries including, Healthcare, Information Technology, and Construction. For each project, we assign a certified project manager with domain expertise, typically on a subscription basis. We also own and develop FolioProjects.com which is an enterprise cloud-based project management SaaS. All of our projects run on this platform, allowing us to broadcast, learn, and evolve the performance of projects alongside users around the world. Join us in our mission of helping individuals and groups to realize their true potential.
We are looking to subcontract licensed plumbers who are willing to visit The Southern Gulf Islands in British columbia. The task is to perform plumbing tasks as part of projects owned and operated by Beyond Programs Ltd. We work with local homeowners and businesses in needed of services. Beyond Programs also manages all logistics, including transporting staff and equipment to and from gulf islands. We also cover the insurance and safety of all jobs.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy and thrive at their work. Note the following requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Ability to utilize and operate a range of tools and equipment in installing, maintaining, and repairing pipe systems
- Ability to handle, lift, and move heavy pipes, pipe fitting materials and equipment
- Skilled in diagnosing pipe systems to identify and fix problems with leaks and clogs
- Ability to communicate, read, and understand/follow directions in English
- Willingness to participate in regular training programs and courses
- A minimum of 6+ years of on the job experience
- Competencies in a range of plumbing related scenarios including home and commercial
- Competencies in a range of plumbing tasks including Gas and Pipe fitting
- Must be able to stand, crouch, kneel and/or sit for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 75 lbs, climb ladders and work from elevation, and walk on varied terrain
- Knowledge of the B.C. Building and Plumbing Codes.
- Knowledge in acceptable practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment in the construction industry.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to read, interpret construction plans, blueprints and specifications for Code and Bylaw compliance.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Generate and provide quotes
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
NICE TO HAVE
- 4th Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Driver’s License (Class 3 or D)
- Plumber Red Seal Certificate
- Plumber Trade Certification
- Gas Fitter Red Seal Certificate
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive contractor pay
- Insurance coverage on the job
- Flexible hours