Beyond Programs is a Canadian project management firm. We hire project managers and partner with expert service providers across Canada. Operating since 2012 with a foundation in technology, we manage projects in a range of industries through our custom-developed project management software.
Why join the Beyond Programs team? We value project managers and the expertise they have established over years of education and experience. Our team works remotely, allowing us to provide services Canada-wide. Also, work hours are flexible with a focus on performance and client feedback.
At Beyond Programs, your experience will be respected and valued. Your 5+ years of hands-on experience in the construction industry will help us evolve our processes and refine our applications. This position will be working on a range of construction-related projects, from home renovations to infrastructure.
This position is client-facing. Supporting our clients requires that you adapt to the way they do business. The job includes remote and in-person meetings as the project needs. This position reports directly to the Director of Project Management.
The ideal candidate has
- Experience managing and subcontracting construction-related teams
- Ability to evaluate construction teams
- Comfort in estimating resources and budgets
- Evaluate bids, prepare POs and Subcontracts
- Experience working in a PMO
- Experience working on enterprise projects +$1 Million
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing agendas simultaneously
- Ability to manage all aspects of projects including, schedule, resourcing, and procurement
- Ability to audit existing projects
- Design and implement risk mitigation plans
- Track and report on project deliverables
- Monitor, optimize, and respond as necessary to the communication flow between teams
- Understanding of the lifecycle for construction projects, including permits and licenses
- Work with clients, sales team, development team, and data team on SAAS application development and ongoing reporting.
- Work with management and support staff to optimize and improve processes
- Strong business analytics skills
- Willingness to share knowledge with other team members
- Strong patience and emotional intelligence
- Strong understanding of project management principles and strategies
- Experience working with project management applications e.g. Jira, Trello
- Problem solver
- 4 year STEM degree required
- PMP certification required
- Portfolio management experience (desired)
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry (required)
- 20 paid days off per year
- Extended health, dental, and vision
- Bonus program
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- PMP related fees reimbursement
- Expenses reimbursement
- A team-oriented work environment that promotes learning, collaboration, and skill improvement
- Annual salary and performance reviews, with regular one-on-one sessions to support career development
- Flexible 30 day work week
- Occasional overtime
- Occasional weekends
You must submit your resume directly on BeyondPrograms.ca to be considered for this position. Beyond Programs Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.