Invest Africa is a micro-investment or micro venture capital platform dedicated to helping micro and small enterprises (MSEs) in Africa get the funding they need to grow and fight poverty in their communities. This site utilizes wordpress with our BePro Finance and BePro Contributions plugins to facilitate their needs crowdfunding needs
To facilitate this goal, users are able to contribute towards topics. Topics vary with the configuration of our BePro Contributions plugin. The owner is able to post Topics and define goals of investments. Then everyone involved can monitor the progress of the investments.
This project was sub-contracted to us as many projects are. We help many companies in this way since our in house staff specializes in varying technologies spanning into enterprise N-Tiers products. We gave invest-africa.org a, robust, secure, and scale-able platform that’s ready for whatever growth opportunities the future offers them.
- – Customized user profiles.
- – Ability to create surveys for users registered for the Coaching Program
- – This website utilizes our BePro Finance plugin allowing the owner to track the movement of funds
- – Our BePro Contributions plugin allows users to view details regarding causes and even interact socially.
- – The entire site is Multilingual
- – Ability to post photos and videos
invest-africa.org is a loan/entrepreneur site. It brings together the two parties for this not for profit purpose of raising micro-investments for small businesses in africa. This site employed php, wordpress, emms, mysql (views, triggers), and much more.
This project was taken over from guruscript.com because they were struggling with a project of this size and called us in. We help many companies in this way since our in house staff specializes in varying technologies spanning into enterprise N-Tiers products. We gave invest-africa.org a, robust, secure, and scale-able platform that’s ready for whatever growth opportunities the future offers them.
- – Possibility to post enterprises profiles online. Information on each profile
- – expected net income for the next years
- – expected job creation
- – 2 NGOs listed
- – Coaching Program
- – each investor can pledge the amount of money they would like to invest
- – We can see on the website how much money has been raised – how much money is still needed (Then when a project is fully funded we send the money to our local microfinance institution through PayPal )
- – Every month the local institution send us the money back. We need to send back to each investor the money proportionally to the amount invested on their account
- – Have a software that calculate the amount due to each investor and send the money back to their account or will we have to do it?
- – We need to have 3 different menus on their accounts: 1/ original principle: we give them back the original investment 2/ social profits: these are the return of their investment they have to reinvest 2/3 in another enterprise 3/ 1/3 of the social profits are donated to a local NGO they select. (On each enterprise’s profile, 2 NGOs are listed and they can pick one)
- – Also we need to be able to send emailing to all the investors of a specific project to give them updates about the project
- – I need a page in French. No need for translation I already have the texts.
- – Ability to post photos and videos
- Optional – For the coaching program: When the contributor make an investment in the business there is an additional question “Would you like to be a coach”?. If they click yes, they have an additional menu on their account. On this page there is a questionnaire (we can write the questions ourselves) and the contributor can fill it out and send it to us.